Saturday, July 9, 2022

INCORRECT thinking

 

2 Corinthians 5:17

King James Version

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, 

he is a new creature: 

old things are passed away; 

behold, 

all things are become new.


The world's got such incorrect thinking.

Thank GOD, He sent His SON to straighten all of us out.

If you can accept such statements, then the humility of Christ is in you.

Bear note that pride has caused many of us to fall.

It was pride that caused Lucifer to fall.

He was a created angel, but he wanted the THRONE of GOD.

Isaiah 14:12-14

King James Version

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, 

O Lucifer, 

son of the morning! 

how art thou cut down to the ground, 

which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, 

I will ascend into heaven, 

 will exalt my throne above the stars of God: 

I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, 

in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; 

I will be like the most High.


Of course, JESUS witnessed Lucifer's fall.

Luke 10:18

King James Version

18 And he said unto them, 

I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.


Angels serve God.

They remind us to WORSHIP GOD alone.

They are messengers.

They do the bidding of GOD.

What about humans?

How have we fallen?

How has our thinking been twisted?

Scripture gives a VERY GOOD example.

In the person of Pontius Pilate.

His pride got in the way.

Listen to what he told JESUS, when our LORD was being tried.:

John 19:10

King James Version

10 Then saith Pilate unto him, 

Speakest thou not unto me? 

knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, 

and have power to release thee?


In turn, listen to how our LORD JESUS replied:

John 19:11

King James Version

11 Jesus answered, 

Thou couldest have no power at all against me, 

except it were given thee from above: 

therefore he that delivered me unto thee 

hath the greater sin.


Who delivered JESUS to Pilate, and thus, had the "greater sin"?

Matthew 26:14-16

King James Version

14 Then one of the twelve, 

called Judas Iscariot, 

went unto the chief priests,

15 And said unto them, 

What will ye give me, 

and I will deliver him unto you? 

And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver.

16 And from that time he sought opportunity to betray him.


Matthew 26:59

King James Version

59 Now the chief priests, 

and elders, 

and all the council, 

sought false witness against Jesus, 

to put him to death;


It's twisted thinking to think JESUS could not have stopped His crucifixion.

Which He could have, at ANY time.

But He reasoned:

Matthew 26:53-54

King James Version

53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, 

and he shall presently give me 

more than twelve legions of angels?

54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, 

that thus it must be?


Pride is our greatest enemy.

Satan is our greatest enemy.

Why, then, are we proud?

Why, then, do we follow Satan?

Are we this?

John 8:44-45

King James Version

44 Ye are of your father the devil, 

and the lusts of your father ye will do. 

He was a murderer from the beginning, 

and abode not in the truth, 

because there is no truth in him. 

When he speaketh a lie, 

he speaketh of his own: 

for he is a liar, 

and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, 

ye believe me not.


Why have I given my heart to JESUS?

JESUS conquers all untruth.

For He is TRUTH.

John 1:17

King James Version

17 For the law was given by Moses, 

but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.


Only JESUS can correct my thinking.


Related material:

JESUS and Satan

SPIRIT straightens us out

JESUS

SPIRIT of GOD

WORD of GOD

BORN AGAIN articles


Image: Fly Clipart


The TRIUNE GOD

  Proverbs 25:2 King James Version 2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing:  but the honour of kings is to search out a matter . How muc...