Thursday, March 2, 2023

On SPIRITUAL discernment

 

1 Corinthians 2:14

King James Version

14 But the natural man receiveth not 

the things of the Spirit of God: 

for they are foolishness unto him: 

neither can he know them, 

because they are spiritually discerned.


How much do you trust your own judgment?

Do people come to you for advice?

How perfect is your wisdom?

I don't have such things.

As born again, I only turn to JESUS.

As born again, I only wait for His answer.

As born again, I wait for SPIRIT to teach me.

John 3:5-7

King James Version

5 Jesus answered, 

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, 

Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, 

he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; 

and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, 

Ye must be born again.


The answers JESUS gives come from Scripture.

Where He laid down His law.

And I live by it.

I do not trust my own judgment.

For it is fallible.

GOD is infallible.

JESUS is infallible.

SPIRIT is infallible.

And the THREE are ONE.

1 John 5:7

King James Version

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, 

the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: 

and these three are one.


Up until GOD made me born again nearly 42 months ago, I trusted my own judgment.

More like my own instincts.

Oftentimes, it worked.

And I wondered if there was an inner angel guiding me.

Despite my many errors, and failures.

Surely, lessons I needed to learn.

Still, I was being saved from destruction each time.

When GOD took mercy upon my questioning soul, He led me to the Bible.

Where all the answers I needed were there.

He also led me to His SON, who I could pray to.

As well as giving me His SPIRIT, that I may understand Scripture easily.

The world is the way it is, because man doesn't humble himself before the LORD.

He has no love for GOD.

He doesn't seek the LORD.

He'd rather trust his own desires, instincts, and ego.

If only he'd turn to the LORD!

His whole life will be transformed.

He will never doubt his own judgment again.

For his judgment is perfectly aligned to GOD's WILL.

He turns to GOD's WORD for everything.

He knows his life, breath, freedom, work, and relationships hinge upon GOD's LOVEGRACE and MERCY alone.

GOD owns everything.

GOD controls everything.

We do not have a sleeping GOD.

GOD knows all, sees all.

Everything depends on His will, His timing, His plan.

No one can distract GOD from these.

All have been prophesied.

It's just a matter of when things will happen.

The who, why, where, and how have all been prophesied.

It's only the WHEN we believers wait for.

And only GOD is privy to that.

Matthew 24:35-36

King James Version

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, 

but my words shall not pass away.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, 

no, not the angels of heaven, 

but my Father only.


For you to know perfectly what to think, say, and do, you must turn to GOD.

GOD supplies all.

Without JESUS, we can do nothing.

John 15:5

King James Version

5 I am the vine, 

ye are the branches: 

He that abideth in me, and I in him,

 the same bringeth forth much fruit: 

for without me ye can do nothing.


Matthew 28:18

King James Version

18 And Jesus came 

and spake unto them, saying, 

All power is given unto me 

in heaven and in earth.


SALVATION comes from JESUS alone.

John 8:24

King James Version

24 I said therefore unto you, 

that ye shall die in your sins: 

for if ye believe not that I am he, 

ye shall die in your sins.


John 14:6

King James Version

6 Jesus saith unto him, 

I am the way, the truth, and the life: 

no man cometh unto the Father, 

but by me.


Acts 4:12

King James Version

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: 

for there is none other name under heaven 

given among men, 

whereby we must be saved.


Trust NOT in your own judgment.

TRUST in JESUS alone.

He is the ANSWER.

To everything.


Related posts:

The HOLY SPIRIT

BORN AGAIN classics

EVERYTHING is GOD's


Image: Wallpaper Flare


MIRACLE in itself

  Matthew 17:20 King James Version 20 And Jesus said unto them,  Because of your unbelief:  for verily I say unto you,  If ye have faith as ...