Sunday, May 21, 2023

NONNEGOTIABLE gospel

 


Proverbs 30:5-6

King James Version

5 Every word of God is pure: 

he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

6 Add thou not unto his words, 

lest he reprove thee, 

and thou be found a liar.


The Bible is the ONLY source of truth.

At least, for a true born again.

We don't look to anything else.

GOD's Bible is nonnegotiable.

Merriam-Webster defines "nonnegotiable" beautifully, and precisely:

not open to discussion or reconsideration


The gospel of CHRIST doesn't compromise.

It can NEVER conform to the ways of the world.

It is in total opposition to it.

Isaiah 55:8-9

King James Version

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, 

neither are your ways my ways, 

saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, 

so are my ways higher than your ways, 

and my thoughts than your thoughts.


Scripture is holy, for it was inspired by GOD:

2 Timothy 3:16-17

King James Version

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, 

and is profitable for doctrine, 

for reproof, 

for correction, 

for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, 

thoroughly furnished unto all good works.


Scripture is holy, for GOD gave JESUS the words to speak:

John 17:8

King James Version

8 For I have given unto them 

the words which thou gavest me; 

and they have received them, 

and have known surely that I came out from thee, 

and they have believed that thou didst send me.


JESUS warned believers what to expect:

Matthew 10:35-37

King James Version

35 For I am come to set a man 

at variance against his father, 

and the daughter against her mother, 

and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me 

is not worthy of me: 

and he that loveth son or daughter more than me 

is not worthy of me.


Luke 9:23

King James Version

23 And he said to them all, 

If any man will come after me, 

let him deny himself, 

and take up his cross daily, 

and follow me.


Luke 16:15

King James Version

15 And he said unto them, 

Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; 

but God knoweth your hearts: 

for that which is highly esteemed among men 

is abomination in the sight of God.


John 15:18-19

King James Version

18 If the world hate you, 

ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, 

the world would love his own: 

but because ye are not of the world, 

but I have chosen you out of the world, 

therefore the world hateth you.


John 15:23

King James Version

23 He that hateth me 

hateth my Father also.


John 18:36

King James Version

36 Jesus answered, 

My kingdom is not of this world: 

if my kingdom were of this world, 

then would my servants fight, 

that I should not be delivered to the Jews: 

but now is my kingdom not from hence.


Thus, we are warned:

1 Corinthians 10:21

King James Version

21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, 

and the cup of devils: 

ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, 

and of the table of devils.


Colossians 2:8

King James Version

8 Beware lest any man spoil you 

through philosophy and vain deceit, 

after the tradition of men, 

after the rudiments of the world, 

and not after Christ.


Revelation 22:18-19

King James Version

18 For I testify unto every man 

that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, 

If any man shall add unto these things, 

God shall add unto him the plagues 

that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away 

from the words of the book of this prophecy, 

God shall take away his part out of the book of life, 

and out of the holy city, 

and from the things 

which are written in this book.


Scripture is for guidance.

SPIRIT is the guide.

He teaches us JESUS' words.

He is how we got GOD's WORDS right.

John 16:8-11

King James Version

8 And when he is come, 

he will reprove the world of sin, 

and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, 

and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world 

is judged.


John 16:13-15

King James Version

13 Howbeit when he, 

the Spirit of truth, is come, 

he will guide you into all truth:

for he shall not speak of himself; 

but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: 

and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: 

for he shall receive of mine, 

and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: 

therefore said I, 

that he shall take of mine, 

and shall shew it unto you.


This article you're reading now is a result of such teaching from SPIRIT.

Which I welcome with ALL my heart.

That all may know GOD's laws.

And live by it.


Related material:

GOD is STEADY


Related blogs:

The Simplicity of SCRIPTURE

Championing the BIBLE

Simplicity of Scripture

SOUL-saving WORD

GOD's WORD forever


Related video:

John Macarthur Message 2023

(Special lecture) 

Get Out of It


Image: Clipart Library


The TRIUNE GOD

  Proverbs 25:2 King James Version 2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing:  but the honour of kings is to search out a matter . How muc...