Sunday, October 1, 2023

We need SPIRIT

 

1 John 4:1

King James Version

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, 

but try the spirits whether they are of God: 

because many false prophets are gone out into the world.


What is truth?

Is there such a thing as ULTIMATE truth?

How do you find it?

Where do you look for it?

Are you really looking for it?

Well, I did, and have -- for the longest time.

Through my own steam, I searched for it.

Read tons of books.

Listened to so-called gurus.

Eyes and ears always attuned.

For something that spelled truth.

Or at least, felt like it.

And yet, a "piece" remained missing.

Something remained elusive.

Why couldn't I latch on to it?

Why was it being kept from me?

Was I going about it the right way?

What was I doing wrong?


I used my steam, till I ran out of steam.

Not realizing I couldn't do it on my own.

And that's when I sat still.

Reviewing my life thus far.

And started to look into my sins.

Aghast at the gravity of it.

Ashamed at my own ignorance.

And supreme blindness.

Choosing to sin no more.

Asking GOD for clarity.

GOD took pity upon my penitent heart.

Five months after, He made me born again.

After that, ALL became clear in September 2019.

And here's what I found --


We need GOD's SPIRIT:

1 Corinthians 2:9-14

King James Version

9 But as it is written, 

Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, 

neither have entered into the heart of man, 

the things which God hath prepared 

for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: 

for the Spirit searcheth all things, 

yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, 

save the spirit of man which is in him? 

even so the things of God knoweth no man, 

but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, 

not the spirit of the world, 

but the spirit which is of God; 

that we might know the things 

that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, 

not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, 

but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; 

comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not 

the things of the Spirit of God: 

for they are foolishness unto him: 

neither can he know them, 

because they are spiritually discerned.


I found that because SPIRIT wanted me to find it.

He wanted me to know His truth.

GOD is truly merciful.

He let me use my own steam, till I ran out of it.

Upon my surrender, He took over.

But He gave me a chance to find out for myself first.

Such is GOD's LOVE for us.


As born again, I've also observed something.

Many pastors are puzzled why people don't understand Scripture.

Many pastors wonder why people continue to sin.

Many pastors seem lost for answers themselves.

As I listen to their sermons, I keep waiting for them to acknowledge SPIRIT.

Few acknowledge the role of SPIRIT in correcting this troubled world.

Only through SPIRIT, can we know GOD's truth.

Only through SPIRIT can we understand JESUS.

Only through SPIRIT, can we understand Scripture.

Only through SPIRIT, can we understand what being born again means.

How do I know?

JESUS tells us Himself.

For He prayed for that very SPIRIT to live in us.

Making sure we were not orphaned when He was taken up to heaven.

John 14:16-17 

King James Version

16 And I will pray the Father, 

and he shall give you another Comforter, 

that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; 

whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, 

neither knoweth him: but ye know him; 

for he dwelleth with you, 

and shall be in you.


John 14:26 

King James Version

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, 

whom the Father will send in my name, 

he shall teach you all things, 

and bring all things to your remembrance, 

whatsoever I have said unto you.


John 15:26 

King James Version

26 But when the Comforter is come, 

whom I will send unto you from the Father, 

even the Spirit of truth, 

which proceedeth from the Father, 

he shall testify of me:


Never again will you be lost.

Never again will you be confused.

Never again will you be manipulated.

You have the SPIRIT of GOD to guide you.


Related material:

The PURPOSE of the HOLY SPIRIT

GOD's TRUTH

The HOLY SPIRIT

BORN AGAIN articles

Bible DISCOVERY 9: The TRIUNE GOD


Related video:

God Give Us Discernment -- Jack Hibbs


Image: Clipart Library


EYES of the LORD

  Job 31:4 King James Version 4 Doth not he see my ways,  and count all my steps ? Does GOD really see EVERYTHING? What does He look for? W...