Thursday, December 21, 2023

HALF the TRUTH

 

Galatians 1:8-9

King James Version

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, 

preach any other gospel unto you 

than that which we have preached unto you, 

let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, 

if any man preach any other gospel unto you 

than that ye have received, let him be accursed.


What religion are you?

What does your religion teach?

Does it mention CHRIST?

What does it say about JESUS?

Does it acknowledge the LORD?

Or does it speak of many gods?

I ask these things because SPIRIT led me to the book of Matthew.

As I got to the third chapter, I suddenly recalled my once-Catholic upbringing.

That's at least 16 years of studying in Catholic schools.

Not counting the years I remained a Catholic, for many more years.

That's tons of years of indoctrination.

Being born again now, I began to spot the difference.

SPIRIT and Scripture showed me the missing parts.


I do not wish to lambast the Catholic church.

I have many things to be grateful for.

Through them, I learned about GOD.

Through them, I learned about JESUS.

Through them, I learned about the HOLY SPIRIT.

Through verses, they taught me about JESUS.

His birth, His life, His miracles.

Without such a foundation, I'd have no idea who JESUS is.

The only thing is, they shared HALF the truth.

Would truth be truth, if half of it is left out?


Catholicism has these disturbing doctrines:

-- The pope is the "holy father".

-- Mary is the "mediatrix".

-- Priests can absolve sins.


Well, Scripture corrected all that.


Now, I know Who the true HOLY FATHER is.

JESUS said this, when He prayed to GOD:

John 17:11

King James Version

11 And now I am no more in the world, 

but these are in the world, 

and I come to thee. Holy Father, 

keep through thine own name 

those whom thou hast given me, 

that they may be one, 

as we are.


Now, I know Who the MEDIATOR is.

Apostle Paul spoke of CHRIST:

1 Timothy 2:5-6

King James Version

5 For there is one God, 

and one mediator between God and men, 

the man Christ Jesus;

6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, 

to be testified in due time.


Now, I know Who can forgive sins.

Apostle John spoke of JESUS:

1 John 1:9

King James Version

9 If we confess our sins, 

he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, 

and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.


If the Catholic church was true, they'd have encouraged us to read Scripture.

They should have let the Bible speak to us.

That was the missing part to my spiritual education.

Unless and until GOD made me born again, I'd not have known.

Unless and until JESUS answered my prayers, I'd have been in the dark.

Unless and until SPIRIT started teaching me, I'd have kept searching.


Only Scripture can tell us about GOD's truth.

Only Scripture can tell us about JESUS.

Only Scripture can tell us about ourselves.

Only Scripture can reveal the prophecies.

Only Scripture can reveal the past, present, and future.

In all its beautiful accuracy.


As born again, I also learned JESUS is the "high priest".

How, then, can I ever look to man's doctrines?

The HOLY SPIRIT already teaches me the LORD's doctrines.

The Bible tells me everything I need to know.

In JESUS, I am content.


In these last days, it is important we seek truth.

I searched for ABSOLUTE TRUTH, and GOD gave it to me.

He made me search everywhere else first, exhaustively.

When I couldn't find it, with a part always missing, GOD took mercy upon my heart.

He finally made me born again.

A born again is taught by SPIRIT.

Now, I know ABSOLUTE TRUTH.

SPIRIT and Scripture reveal all.


Reflect upon your own religions.

Reflect upon your own doctrines.

What are you being taught?

Does it speak of JESUS?

Does it honor Him?

Does it speak of love, or of hatred?

Does it speak of peace, or of discord?

Does it speak of GOD, or of man?


There is ONE GREAT TRUTH.

Let this serve as our foundation:

John 14:6

King James Version

6 Jesus saith unto him, 

I am the way, the truth, and the life: 

no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.


In one, simple verse, we understand FOUR things.

Proof of JESUS' divinity:

1. JESUS is the way.

2. JESUS is the truth.

3. JESUS is the life.

4. To get to GOD, you go THROUGH JESUS.


How can any religion deny us that truth?

Thus, JESUS declares:

John 5:39-41

King James Version

39 Search the scriptures; 

for in them ye think ye have eternal life: 

and they are they which testify of me.

40 And ye will not come to me, 

that ye might have life.

41 I receive not honour from men.


Related material:

JESUS

SPIRIT of GOD

WORD of GOD


Related video:

Ep 100 | Catholicism vs. The Bible with Mike Gendron | Redeeming Truth


Image: Clipart Library


EYES of the LORD

  Job 31:4 King James Version 4 Doth not he see my ways,  and count all my steps ? Does GOD really see EVERYTHING? What does He look for? W...