Thursday, July 22, 2021

GOD BLESS not good luck

 

Philippians 4:19

King James Version

19 But my God shall supply all your need 

according to his riches in glory 

by Christ Jesus.


It's a common error.

Many of us say "good luck", when what we believers in JESUS should really be saying, is just plain "GOD BLESS!"

And give ALL GLORY to the FATHER.

There's no luck in life.

There is only GOD.

The WILL of GOD.

GRACE from GOD.

BLESSINGS from HEAVEN.

So, I must commit never to use the words "good luck" again.

That's an affront upon the Lord.

I was mortified I kept using it.

I'm glad I finally caught my mistake.

Even as God had been bearing with my error for so long.

Only GOD has POWER over EVERYTHING.

We can pray all we want, desire all we want, but if it's not in God's plan for us, it will not materialize.

And that's often when we get mad at God.

We say things like:

 "I've been good".

"Why can't you give me what I want?"

"Are you listening, Lord?"


Surely, we're the ones who have not been listening.

As if God, the CREATOR, can't hear or know.

Where's our faith?

Matthew 6:8

King James Version

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: 

or your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, 

before ye ask him.


Jeremiah 1:5

King James Version

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; 

and before thou camest forth out of the womb 

I sanctified thee

and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.


Only God is good.

Our works don't suffice.

Only by the GRACE of GOD do we succeed at all.

Titus 3:5-7

King James Version

5 Not by works of righteousness 

which we have done, 

but according to his mercy he saved us, 

by the washing of regeneration, 

and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly 

through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7 That being justified by his grace, 

we should be made heirs 

according to the hope of eternal life.


JESUS was very clear:

Matthew 7:21

King James Version

21 Not every one that saith unto me, 

Lord, Lord, 

shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; 

but he that doeth the will of my Father 

which is in heaven.


It is always BY the WILL of the FATHER.

Jesus was totally obedient to God.

He even taught us to pray, beginning with:

Matthew 6:9-10

King James Version

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: 

Our Father which art in heaven, 

Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, 

Thy will be done in earth, 

as it is in heaven.


Jesus was consistent.

He showed us the way.

He always gave GLORY to GOD.

John 6:38

King James Version

38 For I came down from heaven, 

not to do mine own will, 

but the will of him that sent me.


Now, you see why we cannot say good luck anymore.

It's time to stop that.

Only by GRACE, and the WILL of GOD, are we able to attain anything.

If it is aligned with His plan -- His will -- so shall it be.

Of course, only by being a true born again, can we even begin to understand the ways of God.

And that's when we can really be sincere when we say, "GOD BLESS!", for the SPIRIT of the LORD is in us.

We can also BLESS each other through these beautiful verses:

Numbers 6:24-26

King James Version

24 The Lord bless thee, 

and keep thee:

25 The Lord make his face shine upon thee, 

and be gracious unto thee:

26 The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, 

and give thee peace.


Related material:

FAITH

GOD's WILL

GRACE from GOD

The COUNSEL of the LORD stands

The Magnificence and Majesty of GOD blog


(Image source: God Bless image, Clipart Library; pink rose image, Kind PNG)


EYES of the LORD

  Job 31:4 King James Version 4 Doth not he see my ways,  and count all my steps ? Does GOD really see EVERYTHING? What does He look for? W...