Wednesday, July 14, 2021

The REFINER's fire

 

Malachi 3:1-2

King James Version

3 Behold, I will send my messenger, 

and he shall prepare the way before me: 

and the Lord, whom ye seek, 

shall suddenly come to his temple, 

even the messenger of the covenant, 

whom ye delight in: 

behold, he shall come, 

saith the Lord of hosts.

2 But who may abide the day of his coming? 

and who shall stand when he appeareth?

for he is like a refiner's fire, 

and like fullers' soap:


Who shall refine us, from all our dross?

The LORD JESUS will.

These verses testify to that:

Zechariah 13:8-9

King James Version

8 And it shall come to pass, 

that in all the land

saith the Lord

two parts therein shall be cut off and die; 

but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, 

and will refine them as silver is refined, 

and will try them as gold is tried

they shall call on my name, 

and I will hear them: 

I will sayIt is my people

and they shall say

The Lord is my God.


Malachi 3:3-4

King James Version

3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: 

and he shall purify the sons of Levi, 

and purge them as gold and silver, 

that they may offer unto the Lord 

an offering in righteousness.

4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem 

be pleasant unto the Lord

as in the days of old, 

and as in former years.


Matthew 3:10-12

King James Version

10 And now also the axe is laid 

unto the root of the trees

therefore every tree 

which bringeth not forth good fruit 

is hewn down, 

and cast into the fire.

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. 

but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, 

whose shoes I am not worthy to bear

he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, 

and with fire:

12 Whose fan is in his hand, 

and he will throughly purge his floor, 

and gather his wheat into the garner; 

but he will burn up the chaff 

with unquenchable fire.


Luke 3:16

King James Version

16 John answered, 

saying unto them all, 

I indeed baptize you with water; 

but one mightier than I cometh, 

the latchet of whose shoes 

I am not worthy to unloose

he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost 

and with fire:


Luke 12:49

King James Version

49 I am come to send fire on the earth

and what will I, 

if it be already kindled?


John 15:1-3

King James Version

15 I am the true vine, 

and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit 

he taketh away: 

and every branch that beareth fruit, 

he purgeth it, 

that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word 

which I have spoken unto you.


Titus 2:13-14

King James Version

13 Looking for that blessed hope, 

and the glorious appearing of the great God 

and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

14 Who gave himself for us

that he might redeem us from all iniquity, 

and purify unto himself a peculiar people, 

zealous of good works.


1 Peter 1:7

King James Version

7 That the trial of your faith, 

being much more precious 

than of gold that perisheth, 

though it be tried with fire, 

might be found unto praise and honour and glory 

at the appearing of Jesus Christ:


Revelation 1:14-16

King James Version

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, 

as white as snow

and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, 

as if they burned in a furnace

and his voice as the sound of many waters.

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: 

and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: 

and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.


The next post is on the purpose of affliction.


Related material:

GOD is a CONSUMING FIRE

The PURPOSE of affliction


Image: Wallpaper Flare


Updated 17 February 2023


MIRACLE in itself

  Matthew 17:20 King James Version 20 And Jesus said unto them,  Because of your unbelief:  for verily I say unto you,  If ye have faith as ...