Wednesday, December 8, 2021

DELIGHTING in OBSCURITY

 

John 3:30

King James Version

30 He must increase, 

but I must decrease.


I was once marketing communications consultant for a local university, many years ago.

As part of my program, I thought it would be a good idea to interview the deans, and professors of the various departments, so I know where they're coming from.

I also wanted to know where they were headed.

What intrigued me the most, was the young computer professor's statement:

"I'm afraid of obscurity."


That was a loaded statement.

I thought to myself, with his knowledge, he will go places.

Why the fear?

Sure, there may be competition among his group.

And possibly, he wanted to leave our small city, and be known elsewhere.

But I did not stick around long enough to know if he accomplished his goal.

Now that I'm born again, being taught, and directed by the HOLY SPIRIT each day, I don't mind being obscure.

In fact, I love it.

I'm a nobody.

Of no importance.

Even a forgotten one.

Serving GOD each day.

Delighting in the work we do.

Content with a simple life.

Proving nothing, to no one.

Pleasing no one, but GOD.

The limelight was never my scene anyway.

VOLUNTARY obscurity was a normal thing for me.

As a believer in JESUS, I am delighted to be totally obscure.

I'd rather FOCUS on the LORD, and His WORD.

We messengers must not mess with the MESSAGE.

We're here to deliver SPIRIT's message, as is.

In all its PURITY, PERFECTION, and PRECISION.

Our delight is in delivering the LORD's message, as given. 

Sharing His TRUTH, with as many as who would hear us.

By leading everyone to the BIBLE.

And to have SPIRIT teach us the LORD's TRUTH.

For the days are urgent.

Don't worry, if you're not popular, by the world's standards.

What is acceptable to the world, is an abomination to GOD.

I love what JESUS said:

Luke 16:15

King James Version

15 And he said unto them, 

Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; 

but God knoweth your hearts: 

for that which is highly esteemed among men 

is abomination in the sight of God.


I live by GOD's TRUTH alone.

That's all that matters in these defining days.

The WORD of GOD does all the talking in my blogs, giving GLORY to GOD alone.

1 Corinthians 10:31

King James Version

31 Whether therefore ye eat, 

or drink, 

or whatsoever ye do, 

do all to the glory of God.


I take no credit for anything.

It's all SPIRIT.


The TRIUNE GOD

  Proverbs 25:2 King James Version 2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing:  but the honour of kings is to search out a matter . How muc...