Sunday, December 12, 2021

LOSING one's LEAVES

 

Luke 22:60-62

King James Version

60 And Peter said, 

Man, I know not what thou sayest. 

And immediately, 

while he yet spake, 

the cock crew.

61 And the Lord turned, 

and looked upon Peter. 

And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, 

how he had said unto him, 

Before the cock crow, 

thou shalt deny me thrice.

62 And Peter went out, 

and wept bitterly.


Are you an apostate?

Have you lost your faith?

Have you renounced CHRIST?

Revelation 2:4

King James Version

4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, 

because thou hast left thy first love.


Have you accepted Christ, at all?

Do you know ALL WE NEED is CHRIST?

John 15:5

King James Version

5 I am the vine, 

ye are the branches: 

He that abideth in me, 

and I in him, 

the same bringeth forth much fruit: 

for without me ye can do nothing.


Today, is the best day to seek GOD, and to return to Him, through JESUS.

John 14:6

King James Version

6 Jesus saith unto him, 

I am the way, 

the truth, 

and the life: 

no man cometh unto the Father, 

but by me.


The HOLY SPIRIT put this thought in my heart to tell you again, even after we already wrote about GOD's MERCY last night.

It seems, this turning back to the LORD is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE, more than ever.

For the time is at hand, according to JESUS.

Mark 1:15

King James Version

15 And saying, 

The time is fulfilled, 

and the kingdom of God is at hand: 

repent ye, 

and believe the gospel.


Let us be humble, and repent of our sins.

Jeremiah 14:7

King James Version

7 O Lord, 

though our iniquities testify against us, 

do thou it for thy name's sake: 

for our backslidings are many; 

we have sinned against thee.


Every day we wake up, is a day to thank the LORD.

For another opportunity to return to Him, to have knowledge of GOD, to obey the commandments given by JESUS, to love GOD, to love each other, to read Scripture, to understand the WORD of GOD, through the HOLY SPIRIT.

Every day is a gift.

An act of GRACE, from GOD.

He is merciful.

Hosea 14:4

King James Version

4 I will heal their backsliding, 

I will love them freely: 

for mine anger is turned away from him.


Let these verses comfort you, wake you up, and cause you to return to the LORD, who awaits you with OPEN ARMS.

His love, and grace, never-ending.

Isaiah 12:1

King James Version

12 And in that day thou shalt say, 

O Lord, 

I will praise thee: 

though thou wast angry with me, 

thine anger is turned away, 

and thou comfortedst me.


Jeremiah 3:22

King James Version

22 Return, 

ye backsliding children, 

and I will heal your backslidings. 

Behold, 

we come unto thee; 

for thou art the Lord our God.


Hosea 6:1

King James Version

6 Come, 

and let us return unto the Lord: 

for he hath torn, 

and he will heal us; 

he hath smitten, 

and he will bind us up.


Related material:

GRACE from GOD

PROPHETS speak of GOD's MERCY

Hope for the Backslider - Charles Spurgeon Sermon

The SPIRIT of the LORD breathes LIFE into us


(Image source: Wallpaper Flare)

MIRACLE in itself

  Matthew 17:20 King James Version 20 And Jesus said unto them,  Because of your unbelief:  for verily I say unto you,  If ye have faith as ...