Wednesday, January 12, 2022

AGENTS of GOD

 

The LORD JESUS instructed:

Mark 16:15

King James Version

15 And he said unto them, 

Go ye into all the world, 

and preach the gospel 

to every creature.


Curious thing, this morning.

Woke up with the words, "agent of God", in my mind.

To which, of course, I immediately got up and searched Scripture.

The world would define "agent" in many ways.

But I'm born again, and I live by Scripture.

God's ways, are not man's ways.

Isaiah 55:8-9

King James Version

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, 

neither are your ways my ways, 

saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, 

so are my ways higher than your ways, 

and my thoughts than your thoughts.


Going about my normal way of "research", here's what I found, first:

Titus 1:1-4

The Message

1 1-4 I, Paul, 

am God’s slave and Christ’s agent 

for promoting the faith among God’s chosen people, 

getting out the accurate word on God 

and how to respond rightly to it. 

My aim is to raise hopes 

by pointing the way to life without end. 

This is the life God promised long ago—

and he doesn’t break promises! 

And then when the time was ripe, 

he went public with his truth. 

I’ve been entrusted to proclaim this Message 

by order of our Savior, 

God himself. 

Dear Titus, 

legitimate son in the faith: 

Receive everything God our Father 

and Jesus our Savior give you!


Going back to my usual King James Version (KJV), here's what it told me:

Titus 1:1

King James Version

1 Paul, 

a servant of God, 

and an apostle of Jesus Christ, 

according to the faith of God's elect, 

and the acknowledging of the truth 

which is after godliness;


So!

Christ's "agent" also refers to an "apostle" of Jesus Christ.

Curious cat that I am, I went further.

I checked other Bible versions of what AGENT means, just so I know I'm getting things right, by the LORD.

Forgive my rigor, but it's just the way I am, when it comes to GOD's WORD.

Titus 1:1

Amplified Bible

Salutation

1 Paul, 

a bond-servant of God and an apostle (special messenger

personally chosen representative) of Jesus Christ, 

for the faith of God’s chosen ones and 

[to lead and encourage them to recognize and pursue] 

the knowledge of the truth which leads to godliness,


Titus 1:1

Complete Jewish Bible

1 From: Sha’ul, 

God’s slave and an emissary of Yeshua the Messiah, 

sent to promote among God’s chosen people 

the trust and knowledge of truth which lead to godliness


Titus 1:1-4

J.B. Phillips New Testament

1 1-4 Paul, 

servant of God and messenger of Jesus Christ 

in the faith God gives to his chosen, 

in the knowledge of the truth 

that comes from a God-fearing life, 

and in the hope of the everlasting life which God, 

who cannot lie, 

promised before the beginning of time—

(at the right moment 

he made his Word known in the declaration 

which has been entrusted to me by his command) to Titus, 

my true son in our common faith, 

be grace, 

mercy and peace from God the Father 

and the Lord Jesus Christ our saviour.


Titus 1:1

New Life Version

1 This letter is from Paul,

a servant owned by God, 

and a missionary of Jesus Christ. 

I have been sent to those God has chosen for Himself. 

I am to teach them the truth that leads to God-like living.


Titos 1:1

Orthodox Jewish Bible

1 Sha’ul an eved of Hashem and a Shliach of Rebbe, 

Melech HaMoshiach Yehoshua, 

for the furtherance of the [charedi (orthodox)] emunah 

of the Bechirei Hashem (chosen ones of G-d) 

and of da’as HaEmes (knowledge of the Truth) 

as pertains to chasidus [in Moshiach].


Agent.

Apostle.

Special messenger.

Emissary.

Messenger.

Missionary.

Shliach.


Sp. that's what "agent of God" means.

Neat!

If you love God's WORD, you'd be as crazy as I am.

Combing through Scripture, making sure I got things right.

Now, I'm content.


Related material:

WORD study


Image: Unsplash


MIRACLE in itself

  Matthew 17:20 King James Version 20 And Jesus said unto them,  Because of your unbelief:  for verily I say unto you,  If ye have faith as ...