Sunday, February 27, 2022

Religion or RELATIONSHIP?

 

Philippians 1:9-10

King James Version

9 And this I pray, 

that your love may abound yet more and more 

in knowledge and in all judgment;

10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; 

that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.


ALL, or nothing.

That's how I approached everything.

I didn't want tidbits.

I wanted the WHOLE picture.

That's how I sought GOD, and His TRUTH.

Of course, He showed up, when HE thought I was ready.

And not a moment earlier.

He sent His SPIRIT to teach me.

EVERYTHING I needed to know.

He knew the travails of my heart.

He knew I'd come around.

He knew I was initiated as a Roman Catholic.

He knew I'd ask many questions.

He knew I'd challenge many rituals.

He saw all that percolating in my heart.

He waited for the day I couldn't figure things out anymore.

He waited for the day nothing worked for me anymore.

He waited till I surrendered.

TOTALLY.

Remember, it's ALL, or nothing, for me.

And that's when GOD received me as the prodigal daughter.

Opening His arms wide, He received me into His fold.

And I haven't looked back since.

SCRIPTURE has become my go-to.

For ALL of GOD's TRUTH.

Now, I know WHAT to pray for.

Now, I know WHO to pray to.

Now, I know HOW to pray.

Now, I know WHERE to find His truth.

Now, I know WHEN Jesus will show up.

Which is ANY moment GOD chooses.

Religion, or relationship?

Which one matters most?

I found something else.

SPIRIT led me to it.

RECONCILIATION.

2 Corinthians 5:17-19

King James Version

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, 

he is a new creature: 

old things are passed away; 

behold, all things are become new.

18 And all things are of God, 

who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, 

and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, 

that God was in Christ, 

reconciling the world unto himself, 

not imputing their trespasses unto them; 

and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.


Psalm 119:97

King James Version

97 O how love I thy law! 

it is my meditation all the day.


Related material:

WORD of GOD

SPIRIT and the 7 churches

Discernment Conference - Mike Gendron's Testimony

The Simplicity of the GOSPEL of JESUS CHRIST

BORN AGAIN articles

GOD's GLORY blogs

The SHEEP

JESUS


Image source: Michael Morse


The TRIUNE GOD

  Proverbs 25:2 King James Version 2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing:  but the honour of kings is to search out a matter . How muc...