Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Ever had a WATERLOO?

 


Philippians 4:6

King James Version

6 Be careful for nothing; 

but in every thing by prayer and supplication 

with thanksgiving 

let your requests be made known unto God.


Ever had a "Waterloo"?

You know, like a source of defeat?

A setback?

The kind that continues to puzzle you?

The kind you cringe away from?

The kind you avoid?

Well, as a communicator, I found that mine was PREVIOUSLY on prepositions.

And I had been writing for the longest time.

Still, that presented a "Waterloo" for me.

Consider the following:

of God

for God

from God

to God

with God

about God

into God

in God

by God


Tricky, right?

I was once tasked to teach business communications, so I decided to coach myself, before embarking on lectures.

I had to conquer them thar preps.

In the process, maybe because I was lazy, overwhelmed, or crazy creative, I found a SOLUTION.

I simplified writing.

That took care of those befuddling preps.

Gaining enough confidence, I even wrote a tiny e-book in 2016.

Now that I'm born again, my ONLY teacher is the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD.

No one could be more precise.

Through Him, I'm able to differentiate those befuddling preps.

The Bible sure used a LOT of them.

Perhaps, to test our attention?

Still, through the Holy Spirit's guidance, they became easy to understand.

If anything, they served as KEY to greater Scripture understanding.

My Waterloo became my GREATEST strength.

How weird is that?


But I did speak of paradoxes at one point.

It's one of the SECRETS of truly understanding GOD's WORD.

Conquer them thar preps.


Of course, all God wants is your love, your complete attention, the sincerity of your heart, and you can conquer anything.

Matthew 6:33

King James Version

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, 

and his righteousness; 

and all these things shall be added unto you.


LOVING God means you're focused on getting His WORD right.

You have to be diligent, and devoted, about it.

If there's something you don't understand, pray to JESUS.

Ask your questions.

Wait for an answer.

Wait to be "endued with power from on high".

Wait for the HOLY SPIRIT.

JESUS did say:

Luke 24:49

King James Version

49 And, behold, 

I send the promise of my Father upon you: 

but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, 

until ye be endued with power from on high.


That's how crazy preps became easy preps for me.

By praying, and letting the SPIRIT of GOD teach me.

It is my path to precision, in my WALK with the LORD.

And yes, by constant practice.

You can also speak the words, to understand if it sounds right.

Studying God's WORD each day, teaches you the nuances of God.

You begin to understand His ways.

And yes, those troublesome preps are easily conquered.

God is the God of peace, not confusion.

1 Corinthians 14:33

King James Version

33 For God is not the author of confusion, 

but of peace, 

as in all churches of the saints.


Related articles:

KEYS to UNDERSTANDING Scripture EASILY

The way the HOLY SPIRIT taught me to share BIBLE verses with you

The SECRET to better writing

Bible DISCOVERY 19: The PARADOX of PRAYER

Paradoxes

DEVOTION to the WORD of GOD


MIRACLE in itself

  Matthew 17:20 King James Version 20 And Jesus said unto them,  Because of your unbelief:  for verily I say unto you,  If ye have faith as ...