Friday, November 5, 2021

A LOVELY PRAYER

 

Ephesians 1:3

King James Version

3 Blessed be the God 

and Father 

of our Lord Jesus Christ, 

who hath blessed us 

with all spiritual blessings 

in heavenly places 

in Christ:


Long before I became born again, I was a teacher in piano.

GOD gave me beginners.

By the GRACE of GOD, I was illuminated enough, to teach them to consider the Middle C as CHRIST.

Where the idea came from, only the LORD knows.

As if I knew anything about Christ.

But surely, GOD planted the idea in my heart.

For in those days, in 2003, my heart was out of sorts.

Not able to go back to the big city, I had to contend with the smaller city.

God withheld all money from me, except for income from teaching piano.

I found my tiny room filled with happy students, excited students, more intent on chatting with me and telling me their secrets, than wanting to learn piano.

I didn't have the heart to tell their expectant parents their heart was farthest from piano.

An exceptional few were intent on learning.

Seeing their potential, I'd refer them to more able teachers.

For the majority I kept, they'll study, they'll learn, they'll play, they'll go through the rudiments, but they'd rather talk.

And such delightful conversations we had, interspersed with the obligatory lesson.

I'd even have a young girl drop on the floor, and start drawing horses.

She'd gaily ignore the lessons, position the electric fan on her face -- for she had just come from school -- and draw amazing horses, on every page she could grab hold of.

Of course, I kept her drawings.

One day she'll grow up.

I liked being "witness" to people's growth.

If anything, GOD gave me a mind, that pays attention to details others tend to ignore.

So, I thought to myself, why were they learning piano?

Ah, the parents.

The grandparents.

Expectations of possible grandeur.

To be a performer, perhaps?

But I don't do recitals.

I'm not a concert pianist, though I could have had my solo recital in high school, sanctioned by the toughest piano teacher nun.

That could have led to bigger things, greater things.

But like my students, I was more intent on knowing more about life.

In the midst of my teaching, I came across a curious piano piece called, "Create in Me a Clean Heart".

I just LOVED the title.

Being Catholic then, I had no idea it was a psalm from King David, and that it was a Christian song.

It took 18 years for me to really look into this verse, and enjoy it today, with the impact strongly reverberating in my heart.

Of a DEEP longing to really know the HEART of GOD, and to be CLEANSED of everything not of the LORD.

Psalm 51:10

King James Version

10 Create in me a clean heart, 

O God; 

and renew a right spirit 

within me.


That psalm is significant, for the earth king prays to the REAL KING, who anointed him, and gave him power.

How, only the LORD GOD can really set our hearts right.

So, what's with all this talk about an "economic reset"?

What we need is a HEART RESET.

Where our hearts are right with God.

Where our thoughts are HIS THOUGHTS.

Isaiah 55:9

King James Version

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, 

so are my ways higher than your ways, 

and my thoughts than your thoughts.


Where our will is HIS WILL.

Where there is TOTAL OBEDIENCE to the FATHER.

As taught by the LORD JESUS.

As inspired by the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD.

Having an economic reset, which is not ALIGNED to the WILL of GOD, spells disaster.

If you're born again, a child of GOD, a believer in JESUS, a student of SPIRIT, a reader of GOD's WORD, you'd know what I speak of.

Romans 12:2

King James Version

2 And be not conformed to this world: 

but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, 

that ye may prove what is that good, 

and acceptable, 

and perfect, 

will of God.


I only want a CLEAN HEART, a RENEWED RIGHT SPIRIT within me, FILLED only with GOD's TRUTH, when the LORD JESUS descends from heaven with a shout, and GOD sounds the trumpet.

I must be worthy of the LORD, not for an economic reset out to curb population, and personal freedom.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

King James Version

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven 

with a shout, 

with the voice of the archangel, 

and with the trump of God: 

and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain 

shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, 

to meet the Lord in the air: 

and so shall we ever be with the Lord.


Related material:

The RAPTURE

WORD of GOD

SPIRIT of GOD


(Image source: Kaboom Pics)


EYES of the LORD

  Job 31:4 King James Version 4 Doth not he see my ways,  and count all my steps ? Does GOD really see EVERYTHING? What does He look for? W...