Sunday, August 22, 2021

JESUS on PREDESTINATION

 

Ephesians 1:3

King James Version

3 Blessed be the God and Father 

of our Lord Jesus Christ, 

who hath blessed us 

with all spiritual blessings 

in heavenly places in Christ:


What is predestination?

Who are predestined?

For what purpose?

JESUS speaks of it here:

Matthew 20:20-23

King James Version

20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedees children 

with her sons, 

worshipping him, 

and desiring a certain thing of him.

21 And he said unto her, 

What wilt thou

She saith unto him, 

Grant that these my two sons may sit, 

the one on thy right hand, 

and the other on the left, 

in thy kingdom.

22 But Jesus answered and said, 

Ye know not what ye ask. 

Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, 

and to be baptized with the baptism 

that I am baptized with

They say unto him, 

We are able.

23 And he saith unto them, 

Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, 

and be baptized with the baptism 

that I am baptized with: 

but to sit on my right hand, 

and on my left, 

is not mine to give, 

but it shall be given to them 

or whom it is prepared of my Father.


Matthew 22:14

King James Version

14 For many are called, 

but few are chosen.


Matthew 24:29-31

King James Version

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days 

shall the sun be darkened

and the moon shall not give her light, 

and the stars shall fall from heaven, 

and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear 

the sign of the Son of man in heaven

and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, 

and they shall see the Son of man coming 

in the clouds of heaven 

with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels 

with a great sound of a trumpet, 

and they shall gather together his elect 

from the four winds, 

from one end of heaven to the other.


Matthew 25:32-34

King James Version

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: 

and he shall separate them one from another, 

as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, 

but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them 

on his right hand, 

Come, 

ye blessed of my Father, 

inherit the kingdom prepared for you 

from the foundation of the world:


Mark 13:19-20

King James Version

19 For in those days shall be affliction

such as was not from the beginning of the creation 

which God created unto this time, 

neither shall be.

20 And except 

that the Lord had shortened those days

no flesh should be saved: 

but for the elect's sake, 

whom he hath chosen, 

he hath shortened the days.


Mark 13:21-23

King James Version

21 And then if any man shall say to you, 

Lo, 

here is Christ; 

or, lo, 

he is there; 

believe him not:

22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, 

and shall shew signs and wonders, 

to seduce, if it were possible, 

even the elect.

23 But take ye heed: 

behold, 

I have foretold you all things.


Luke 8:10

King James Version

10 And he said, 

Unto you it is given 

to know the mysteries 

of the kingdom of God

but to others in parables; 

that seeing they might not see, 

and hearing they might not understand.


Luke 10:19-20

King James Version

19 Behold, 

I give unto you power to tread 

on serpents and scorpions

and over all the power of the enemy: 

and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, 

that the spirits are subject unto you; 

but rather rejoice, 

because your names are written in heaven.


Luke 10:22

King James Version

22 All things are delivered to me of my Father

and no man knoweth who the Son is, 

but the Father; 

and who the Father is, 

but the Son, 

and he to whom the Son will reveal him.


Luke 10:24

King James Version

24 For I tell you, 

that many prophets and kings have desired to see 

those things which ye see

and have not seen them; 

and to hear those things which ye hear, 

and have not heard them.


Luke 12:7

King James Version

7 But even the very hairs of your head 

are all numbered. 

Fear not therefore: 

ye are of more value than many sparrows.


Luke 18:7-8

King James Version

7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, 

which cry day and night unto him, 

though he bear long with them?

8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. 

Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, 

shall he find faith on the earth?


Luke 22:22

King James Version

22 And truly the Son of man goeth, 

as it was determined

but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed!


John 6:37-40

King James Version

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me

and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38 For I came down from heaven, 

not to do mine own will, 

but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, 

that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, 

but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, 

that every one which seeth the Son, 

and believeth on him, 

may have everlasting life: 

and I will raise him up at the last day.


John 6:44-45

King James Version

44 No man can come to me, 

except the Father which hath sent me draw him

and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, 

And they shall be all taught of God. 

Every man therefore that hath heard, 

and hath learned of the Father, 

cometh unto me.


John 10:14

King James Version

14 I am the good shepherd, 

and know my sheep, 

and am known of mine.


John 13:18-19

King James Version

18 I speak not of you all: 

I know whom I have chosen

but that the scripture may be fulfilled, 

He that eateth bread with me 

hath lifted up his heel against me.

19 Now I tell you before it come, 

that, 

when it is come to pass, 

ye may believe that I am he.


John 15:16-19

King James Version

16 Ye have not chosen me, 

but I have chosen you, 

and ordained you, 

that ye should go and bring forth fruit, 

and that your fruit should remain: 

that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, 

he may give it you.

17 These things I command you, 

that ye love one another.

18 If the world hate you, 

ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, 

the world would love his own: 

but because ye are not of the world, 

but I have chosen you out of the world, 

therefore the world hateth you.


John 17:1-5

King James Version

17 These words spake Jesus, 

and lifted up his eyes to heaven, 

and said, 

Father, 

the hour is come; 

glorify thy Son, 

that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, 

that he should give eternal life 

to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, 

that they might know thee the only true God, 

and Jesus Christ, 

whom thou hast sent.

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: 

I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

5 And now, 

O Father, 

glorify thou me with thine own self 

with the glory which I had with thee 

before the world was.


John 17:9-10

King James Version

9 I pray for them: 

I pray not for the world, 

but for them which thou hast given me; 

for they are thine.

10 And all mine are thine, 

and thine are mine; 

and I am glorified in them.


John 21:20-22

King James Version

20 Then Peter, 

turning about, 

seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; 

which also leaned on his breast at supper, 

and said, 

Lord, 

which is he that betrayeth thee?

21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, 

Lord, 

and what shall this man do?

22 Jesus saith unto him, 

If I will that he tarry till I come

what is that to thee

follow thou me.


Next post:

PROPHETS and APOSTLES on PREDESTINATION


Related material:

WHY Did JESUS Have to Die?

Why Was Man Born?

GOD's WILL

The RAPTURE

ETERNAL LIFE

PROPHECY LESSONS

PREDESTINATION


(Image source: Png Find)


MIRACLE in itself

  Matthew 17:20 King James Version 20 And Jesus said unto them,  Because of your unbelief:  for verily I say unto you,  If ye have faith as ...