Saturday, August 6, 2022

It's ALL about OBEDIENCE

 

John 12:49

King James Version

49 For I have not spoken of myself; 

but the Father which sent me, 

he gave me a commandment, 

what I should say, 

and what I should speak.


The LORD JESUS taught us many lessons.

But there's one that was really striking.

It was revealed near the end of His life.

As He was praying fervently to GOD.

Here's what JESUS said:

John 17:4

King James Version

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: 

I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.


John 17:6

King James Version

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men 

which thou gavest me out of the world

thine they were, 

and thou gavest them me; 

and they have kept thy word.


John 17:8

King James Version

8 For I have given unto them the words 

which thou gavest me; 

and they have received them, 

and have known surely that I came out from thee, 

and they have believed that thou didst send me.


John 17:9

King James Version

9 I pray for them: 

I pray not for the world, 

but for them which thou hast given me; 

for they are thine.


John 17:12

King James Version

12 While I was with them in the world, 

I kept them in thy name: 

those that thou gavest me I have kept, 

and none of them is lost, 

but the son of perdition; 

that the scripture might be fulfilled.


John 17:14

King James Version

14 I have given them thy word; 

and the world hath hated them, 

because they are not of the world, 

even as I am not of the world.


John 17:18

King James Version

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, 

even so have I also sent them into the world.


John 17:22-23

King James Version

22 And the glory which thou gavest me 

I have given them; 

that they may be one, 

even as we are one:

23 I in them, 

and thou in me, 

that they may be made perfect in one; 

and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, 

and hast loved them, 

as thou hast loved me.


John 17:26

King James Version

26 And I have declared unto them thy name, 

and will declare it:

 that the love wherewith thou hast loved me 

may be in them, 

and I in them.


In the gospel of Matthew, JESUS again speaks of the same thing:

Matthew 7:21

King James Version

21 Not every one that saith unto me, 

Lord, Lord, 

shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; 

but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.


Matthew 12:50

King James Version

50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father 

which is in heaven, 

the same is my brother, 

and sister, 

and mother.


JESUS even made this part of the prayer He taught us:

Matthew 6:9-10

King James Version

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: 

Our Father which art in heaven, 

Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, 

Thy will be done in earth, 

as it is in heaven.


JESUS taught us "obedience".

To do the FATHER's will.

To love GOD, honor GOD, obey GOD.

EXACTLY as He showed in His own life.

EVERYTHING -- all GLORY -- was for the FATHER alone.

SPIRIT helped me explore what makes GOD answer a prayer.

And here's what I found:

1 John 5:14

King James Version

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, 

that, if we ask any thing according to his will, 

he heareth us:


It's always been about OBEDIENCE.

Do you have such obedience?


Related material:

The FATHER's WILL

JESUS calls us to REPENTANCE

LIVE by the BIBLE

How do you KNOW you are SPIRITUALLY mature?

Knowing RIGHT from wrong

The MOST BEAUTIFUL thing that can EVER happen to ANYONE

TRUE SERVANTS of CHRIST

How GOD is GLORIFIED in us

On getting GOD's LAW right

GOD's WILL be DONE

If we LOVE JESUS

NO fellowship with UNBELIEVERS

FEAR the LORD verses

WHAT makes GOD answer a PRAYER?

The UNFAITHFUL church

FAITHFUL ministers of CHRIST

SPIRITUAL discernment

STOP divining the FUTURE

BEST service to the WORLD

The BATTLE for the MIND

The DAY you WANT to be GOOD

GOD and BUSINESS

SPIRIT straightens us out

PURE PERFECT PRECISE

GOD is in CONTROL of the CLIMATE

INCORRECT thinking

The WAY of HOLINESS

On JUSTICE

REPROBATE mind

MAGNIFICENCE of JESUS

GOD's WILL


Image: Unsplash

SEA of GALILEE

  Matthew 4:13-15 King James Version 13 And leaving Nazareth ,  he came and dwelt in Capernaum ,  which is upon the sea coast,  in the borde...