Friday, September 24, 2021

BLESSED are the MEEK

 

Philippians 4:5

King James Version

5 Let your moderation be known 

unto all men. 

The Lord is at hand.


Funny.

The Lord imprinted a particular verse upon my mind.

So very early this morning, as I lay asleep.

Apparently, He wanted me to write about it.

I kept my eyes closed, for I always do that, when I want to commit my dream to memory.

It's the only way to remember a dream.

Pay attention to ALL the details.

Gather as much as you can remember.

Just let it follow its own course.

Also, the Lord was "scrolling" verses through my mind.

Soon as I had committed that ONE verse He wanted me to write about, I checked it:

Matthew 5:5

King James Version

5 Blessed are the meek: 

for they shall inherit the earth.


So, I researched the work "meek", and found the Cambridge Dictionary meaning:

"quiet, 

gentle, 

and not willing to argue 

or express your opinions 

in a forceful way:"


Oh my, something the world needs so very much today!

It also defined the very MINISTRY of CHRIST.

Of how He delivered His GOSPEL.

In all meekness, and gentleness.

Even up to the CROSS.

Then, I remembered what CHRIST cautioned His apostles, for they were going to be "amidst wolves", in their ministry:

Matthew 10:16

King James Version

16 Behold, 

I send you forth as sheep 

in the midst of wolves: 

be ye therefore wise as serpents, 

and harmless as doves.


As such, He instructed them to do this:

Matthew 10:13-15

King James Version

13 And if the house be worthy, 

let your peace come upon it

but if it be not worthy, 

let your peace return to you.

14 And whosoever shall not receive you, 

nor hear your words, 

when ye depart out of that house or city, 

shake off the dust of your feet.

15 Verily I say unto you, 

It shall be more tolerable 

for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha 

in the day of judgment, 

than for that city.


And that they were not to preach, until "endued with power from on high":

Luke 24:49

King James Version

49 And, 

behold, 

I send the promise of my Father upon you: 

but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, 

until ye be endued with power 

from on high.


We need the HOLY SPIRIT, as we serve GOD.

For, three fruits of the Spirit are gentleness, meekness, and temperance.

Galatians 5:22-23

King James Version

22 But the fruit of the Spirit 

is love, 

joy, 

peace, 

longsuffering, 

gentleness

goodness, 

faith,

23 Meekness

temperance

against such there is no law.


Only by being born again, can we comprehend Spirit.

For His task is to TEACH us.

I especially love God's commands here:

Zechariah 7:8-10

King James Version

8 And the word of the Lord 

came unto Zechariah, 

saying,

9 Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, 

saying, 

Execute true judgment, 

and shew mercy and compassions 

every man to his brother:

10 And oppress not the widow, 

nor the fatherless, 

the stranger, 

nor the poor; 

and let none of you imagine evil 

against his brother in your heart.


We are to be meek, for God's WORD stands on its own merits.

Philippians 3:9

King James Version

9 And be found in him, 

not having mine own righteousness, 

which is of the law, 

but that which is through the faith 

of Christ, 

the righteousness which is of God 

by faith:


We are not to force the Gospel upon people.

JESUS gently extends His invitation to people.

He knocks, and it is up to us to open the door.

Such is the LORD's ministry.

We are to be the same.

When you hear the bickerings going on in the world, the "meekness" verse becomes refreshing.

But it's only because they serve a different god.

2 Corinthians 4:4

King James Version

4 In whom the god of this world 

hath blinded the minds of them 

which believe not, 

lest the light 

of the glorious gospel of Christ, 

who is the image of God, 

should shine unto them.


Related material:

JESUS material

JESUS the HEALER

BORN AGAIN articles

What Does it Take to Follow Jesus?


MIRACLE in itself

  Matthew 17:20 King James Version 20 And Jesus said unto them,  Because of your unbelief:  for verily I say unto you,  If ye have faith as ...