Sunday, September 5, 2021

"LET MY PEOPLE GO"

 

Exodus 6:5

King James Version

5 And I have also heard the groaning 

of the children of Israel, 

whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; 

and I have remembered my covenant.


SPIRIT woke me up, very early this morning.

He wanted this story told.

It's been documented in Scripture.

But it needs to be re-told today.

About the day GOD wanted His people to worship Him in the wilderness.

Exodus 5:1

King James Version

5 And afterward Moses and Aaron went in, 

and told Pharaoh, 

Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, 

Let my people go, 

that they may hold a feast unto me in the wilderness.


Which the Egyptian pharaoh scoffed at.

Exodus 5:2

King James Version

2 And Pharaoh said, 

Who is the Lord, 

that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? 

I know not the Lord, 

neither will I let Israel go.


Oh boy, how little he knows the LORD.

Rather, how proud, and ignorant he is.

But Moses, and Aaron, persisted.

Exodus 5:3

King James Version

3 And they said, 

The God of the Hebrews hath met with us: 

let us go, 

we pray thee, 

three days' journey into the desert, 

and sacrifice unto the Lord our God; 

lest he fall upon us with pestilence, 

or with the sword.


The pharaoh's response?

He doubled the people's labor.

Exodus 5:6-9

King James Version

6 And Pharaoh commanded the same day 

the taskmasters of the people, 

and their officers, 

saying,

7 Ye shall no more give the people straw to make brick

as heretofore: 

let them go and gather straw for themselves.

8 And the tale of the bricks, 

which they did make heretofore, 

ye shall lay upon them; 

ye shall not diminish ought thereof

for they be idle; 

therefore they cry, 

saying, 

Let us go and sacrifice to our God.

9 Let there more work be laid upon the men

that they may labour therein; 

and let them not regard vain words.


After being beaten, and demanded to work harder, the officers of the children of Israel appeal to the pharaoh -- to no avail.

So, they turn to Moses and Aaron, bitterly.

Exodus 5:20-21

King James Version

20 And they met Moses and Aaron, 

who stood in the way, 

as they came forth from Pharaoh:

21 And they said unto them, 

The Lord look upon you, 

and judge; 

because ye have made our savour 

to be abhorred in the eyes of Pharaoh, 

and in the eyes of his servants, 

to put a sword in their hand to slay us.


And Moses turns to God for help.

Exodus 5:22-23

King James Version

22 And Moses returned unto the Lord, 

and said, 

Lord, 

wherefore hast thou so evil entreated this people? 

why is it that thou hast sent me?

23 For since I came to Pharaoh to speak in thy name, 

he hath done evil to this people; 

neither hast thou delivered thy people at all.


Which turns out to be the MOMENT God was waiting for.

God always has a plan.

What more the freeing of His people.

Exodus 6:1

King James Version

6 Then the Lord said unto Moses, 

Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: 

for with a strong hand shall he let them go, 

and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land.


And when God says these FOUR words, we tremble.

Exodus 6:2

King James Version

2 And God spake unto Moses, 

and said unto him, 

I am the Lord:


God had not forgotten His covenant.

Exodus 6:3-4

King James Version

3 And I appeared unto Abraham, 

unto Isaac, 

and unto Jacob, 

by the name of God Almighty, 

but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

4 And I have also established my covenant with them, 

to give them the land of Canaan, 

the land of their pilgrimage, 

wherein they were strangers.


From which, God promised:

Exodus 6:5-8

King James Version

5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, 

whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; 

and I have remembered my covenant.

6 Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, 

I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, 

and I will rid you out of their bondage, 

and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, 

and with great judgments:

7 And I will take you to me for a people, 

and I will be to you a God: 

and ye shall know that I am the Lord your God, 

which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.

8 And I will bring you in unto the land, 

concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, 

to Isaac, 

and to Jacob; 

and I will give it you for an heritage: 

I am the Lord.


So Moses speaks to God's people one more time.

Exodus 6:9

King James Version

9 And Moses spake so unto the children of Israel: 

but they hearkened not unto Moses 

for anguish of spirit, 

and for cruel bondage.


There was only one thing to do.

Exodus 6:10-11

King James Version

10 And the Lord spake unto Moses, 

saying,

11 Go in, 

speak unto Pharaoh king of Egypt, 

that he let the children of Israel go out of his land.


God was going to execute His plan.

Exodus 6:29

King James Version

29 That the Lord spake unto Moses, 

saying, 

I am the Lord: 

speak thou unto Pharaoh king of Egypt 

all that I say unto thee.


But Moses was agitated.

For he didn't have the gift of gab.

As if that mattered, to the LORD.

Another defining moment for the LORD.

It's almost as if I can hear Him say:

"WATCH WHAT I CAN DO!"

Click this link to read how GOD helps us speak.

To read what God did to free ISRAEL, by punishing the Egyptians, start reading this chapter.


(Image source: Free Bible Images)


SEA of GALILEE

  Matthew 4:13-15 King James Version 13 And leaving Nazareth ,  he came and dwelt in Capernaum ,  which is upon the sea coast,  in the borde...